Monday, October 18, 2010

Literary History Essay

Literary History Essay                          


    Reading and writing has changed in the past years. I remember not being able to read and write. I also remember learning how to read and write. I also remembered HATING to read and write. I would never write unless the teacher told me to, if I had to do homework. But as a reached 5th grade I would read and write all the time. I would write stories or read each day I got home from school. I like reading and writing because it gives me a chance to use my imagination.

     In kindergarten I didn’t know anything! I had no clue how to read and write. I wondered how the teachers could read and write but not me... I learned how to write when I got closer to the end of the school year. First I learned my letters. The teachers tout me this by teaching me my ABC’s. I remember when we had to write about a story we read and when I got all ready to start writing I whished I never learned how to read and write! I didn’t like it at all! So I just sat there and didn’t do a thing.

    In first grade I have learned bigger words to use in my writing. I also learned about nouns and punctuation. But still I didn’t like writing or reading. When I had to read or write I would complain. I wouldn’t do my best ether. When I had to write I would put my head down and write. I hated writing I wished it didn’t exist.

    When I reached 3rd grade I learned how to write in a different way, a quicker way. I learned how to write in cursive. I like to write in cursive not because it is quicker it is fancy! J Learning how to write in cursive was harder than writing normal. It was harder because all these loops and curls. But I got it! In 3rd grade I also had to leave class to go to another teacher's room to test how fast i read. I got mad because she kept saying i need to read faster and stop making so many mistakes.
    In 5th grade we had to write a story, and as I was writing I thought of many things to write down. I started to begin to like reading and writing. I used to read books with pictures in them all the time but now that I started reading chapter books I could use my imagination more than I ever did. Same with writing but when I write it is not the same as reading because I write a story my way. I can let myself go whiled with Ideas! Now I would write everyday when I get home. Finally I loved to read and write!

    When I was young wishing I never learned how to read and write I finally realized that now I am glad I learned it. If I didn’t know how to read and write I would not succeed in school or be able to get a job. Reading has changed me in many ways. I am glad I learned how to read and write! 

3 comments:

  1. Maxcine,
    You did a wonderful job with your introduction and conclusion. They mirror each other well. Please make sure you go in and edit this post with spell check. I read a lot about your writing, but would like to read more about your reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete